Monday 16 April 2018

It's so sparkly

I know you are going to be disappointed with the picture of this card 'cause, in real life, it's so sparkly!  A friend asked me to make a unicorn card for her granddaughter and the new Simply Sweet Unicorns over at LOTV are so perfect I had to have them.  On top of that the challenge this week at The Paper Players is magical creatures.  Look at their banner, 

it's like it was calling to me.  Anyway, I coloured my unicorn with my spectrum noirs and used a white gel pen to add some sparkle to the mane and tail (blame Alyce at Kit and Clowder - it was in one of her monthly classes and I seem to be using it a lot lately). Even then I wasn't satisfied and covered the mane, tail and stars with a tonne of spectrum noir sparkle pen.  Believe me, it's very blingy.


I was a bit daunted to start with but I'm so happy with the result.  Maybe you should all come round to my house and see it in person.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Dawn, a fabulous unicorn - so pretty.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable and I think I see the sparkle situation! I like that she's dancing with the stars. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love your colouring - the mane and tail look fabulously sparkly.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Dawn, this is so cute! I love the shimmery mane and tail. This happy little unicorn is sure to make someone smile. So glad you shared with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete