Friday 6 April 2012

Today, I will be mostly recycling

Well, so much for me keeping up to date on the blog.  Having figured out I could use my old phone to take pictures I then lost the lead to re-charge the thing.  Anyway, I've now found a lead to use instead so I'm back.  Just don't hold your breath between postings.

Anyone that knows me knows that I don't have a lot of spare cash to use for crafting...or anything else for that matter.  That's how come I like to use off cuts and I never throw anything away.  Not that I can always find it when I come to want it, but you can't blame a girl for trying.  One of the things I never throw away are old cards.  I've got a huge box of them.  They are handy for using the greetings or the inserts sometimes make pretty backing papers.  Not to mention the topper potential.  Recently, I seem to be recycling a lot.  My desk is often not visible below a pile of old cards.



I made a whole set of notelets out of the pink mum card.  I just cut small squares out and matted them before putting them on some of my off cut notelets.  The swirly pattern was quite abstract and I just added a couple of pearls in one corner of each.  They looked really pretty but my camera was dead at the time.

Here are a few cards that I did managed to take photos of.


I was really pleased with the results and they hardly cost me anything to make.  Just don't let on to anyone I might be sending them to.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment